Banks remain closed for six days from Christmas Eve, check full list | Popgen Tech
Bank holidays in December 2022: Banks remain closed for six days from Christmas Eve (file photo)
Banks across the country will be closed for six days from December 24 (Saturday) to December 31. However, these holidays are not applicable to the whole country. Some holidays are specific to different states, especially the northeastern states.
This is because all bank holidays fall into the category of observed state holidays, which means that only certain areas and states will observe them. For the uninitiated, all bank holidays are divided into four separate categories under the Negotiable Instruments Act 1881.
Now, without further ado, check out the holidays below:
- December 24th (Saturday): Christmas Eve – Banks are closed in Mizoram and Meghalaya
- December 25th (Sunday): Christmas Day – All India Holiday
- December 26 (Monday): Christmas celebration / Shaheed Udham Singh Jayanti – Banks are closed in Mizoram, Sikkim, Meghalaya and Haryana.
- December 29 (Thursday): Guru Gobind Singh Ji Birthday: Banks closed in Chandigarh.
- December 30 (Friday): Tamu Losar/U Kiang Nangbah – Banks are closed in Sikkim and Meghalaya.
- December 31st (Saturday): New Year’s Eve – Banks closed in Mizoram and Manipur
READ | Pune man plays pornographic video during Patanjali Yogpeeth online meeting, police registers FIR