Most online shoppers in Europe preferred home delivery over other delivery options | Popgen Tech
DUBLIN, December 21, 2022 /PRNewswire/ — The “Europe B2C E-Commerce Delivery 2022” report has been added ResearchAndMarkets.com’s sacrifice.
Home delivery has developed great popularity in several European countries in 2021
As B2C e-commerce continues to rise, optimizing and personalizing delivery methods is gaining momentum. Home delivery was the top shipping destination offered by online retailers, with more than half of digital merchants shipping to residences. Similarly, consumers are also opting for home delivery.
According to a survey cited in the report, more than half of online shoppers chose standard home delivery at checkout. In the United Kingdom, Germany, The Netherlands, among others, a significant portion of online shoppers preferred home delivery with a signature requirement. Some variation in preferences appeared in countries within the European region, such as Sweden where nearly one-third of online shoppers preferred to have their B2C e-commerce purchases delivered to their PO Box/Multioccupancy PO Box by the postal service.
Online shoppers in Europe find 3-5 days to be the maximum acceptable delivery time
Online shoppers in many countries Europe find 3-5 days to be the maximum time to wait for their order to arrive. Very few online buyers found 6 days or more acceptable, demonstrating the importance of speed when it comes to B2C e-commerce order fulfillment. In Germany, many online shoppers ranked fast delivery as one of the most important delivery-related factors when shopping online, after the cost of delivery. Furthermore, a quarter of online shoppers are in Sweden gave great importance to fast deliveries when shopping online, as spelled out in the report.
Questions covered in the report
- What was the most preferred delivery location in e-commerce Europe?
- How do shipping preferences differ between the countries in this region?
- What do online shoppers have in store? Europe considered the most important criteria when ordering online?
- Which courier services are mostly used for delivery in e-commerce Poland?
- Which benefit of e-commerce was most important to online shoppers in Germany?
Key topics covered:
1. Executive summary
2. Global developments
- Overview of B2C eCommerce Delivery, August 2022
- Important Service Features When Shopping for Groceries, in % of Grocery Shoppers, October-November 2021
- Services related to delivery and fulfillment are important when purchasing groceries, by age group, in % of grocery shoppers, October-November 2021
- Attitudes towards paying for delivery and return services, in % of respondents, November 2021
- Share of consumers’ attitude towards environmental impact of online delivery, in %, November 2021
- Breakdown of expected B2C e-commerce delivery times, by selected countries, in % of online buyers, 2021e
- Top 3 shipping methods offered by online retailers, in % of online retailers, May 2021
- Top delivery method preferred at checkout when shopping online, in % of online shoppers, May 2021
- Delivery destinations preferred in B2C e-commerce, in % of online shoppers, 2021
- Top shipping-related reasons why online shoppers stop buying products added to their cart, in %, May 2021
- Important criteria when ordering online, in % of online shoppers, 2021
- Willingness to pay extra for an eco-friendly B2C e-commerce delivery, by selected countries, in % of online shoppers, 2021e
3.2. Advanced markets
3.3. Emerging markets
For more information on this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/mh3fka
Research and markets
Laura WoodSenior Manager
Call +1-917-300-0470 for EST office hours
For USA/CAN Toll Free Call +1-800-526-8630
For GMT office hours Call +353-1-416-8900
US Fax: 646-607-1907
Fax (outside USA): +353-1-481-1716
SOURCE Research and Markets