Patti LuPone Joins the Cast of Marvel’s “Agatha: Coven of Chaos” | Popgen Tech
The cast of Agatha Harkness centers on the spinoff of WandaVision, Agatha: Coven of Chaoscontinues to grow as three-time Tony winner Patti LuPone joins the cast, according to Deadline.
- While LuPone’s role in the new Amazing kept the series a secret, maybe she’s playing a witch.
- LuPone is best known for her accomplished musical theater career. In the world of television, she most recently appeared in the 11th season of American Horror Story: NYC.
- The casting news comes after we learned that recently Parks and Recreation star Aubrey Plaza joined the series (in a villainous role), with the former Saturday Night Live cast member Sasheer Zamataas well as the Ali Ahn and Maria Dizziawho also allegedly play witches.
- They all join a cast that already includes Joe Locke and Emma Caulfield. The latter will reprise his role from WandaVision.
About Agatha: Coven of Chaos
- Originally titled, Agatha: House of Harkness, Coven of Chaos is set for a Winter 2023 debut in Disney+.
- The series will see Kathryn Hahn reprise her role as Agatha Harkness.
- The series is described as a dark comedy, but the exact details of the plot have not been shared so far.
- Jac Schaeffer, the chief writer of WandaVisionis attached to write and executive produce the new series.
- Agatha’s story was left open in the finale of WandaVisionwhen Wanda left the villain to live a mind-controlled life in Westview.
- She instantly became one of Marvel’s most popular new characters, thanks to the original song “Agatha All Along,” which went on to win an Emmy award for Best Original Music.